Update by user Aug 12, 2012

ERROR...DARLING PURS CATTERY is a clean and well-managed cattery.Ann Chapman /Breeder took me upstairs to inspect her cattery for myself and the kittens and cats are perfectly cared for.

She states that the kitens do not have any infections.

She agreed to refund my deposit of $800.00 since I misunderstood the actual quality of the kittens I was purchasing.She clarified the difference between the \"breeder\" or \"show quality\" designation of the 2 kittens.

Update by user Aug 12, 2012

She states that the kitens do not have any infections.

Original review posted by user Aug 12, 2012

She took $800.00 in deposits for 2 chocolate point himalayan "show quality" kittens. When I received updated pictures that clearly showed that I was not buying "show quality" kittens, I asked for a refund. She refused to give me my money back.

I was disgusted by the foul smell of *** on my clothes and hands after holding the kittens.

I disagreed with her refusal to vaccinate the kittens.

I was concerned about the eye infection that one of the kittens appeared to have gotten.

3 of the 4 pedrigrees of the parents were unavailable. Not being able to see the pedrigrees of cats costing nearly $3000.00 is unacceptable to me. Being told to wait 2-3years and see the "show quality" appear is ridiculous! Knowing of another local breeder who faced a similar situation with ANN CHAPMAN/ Darling Purrs was enough to cause me to want to make CFA and TICA aware so she can be disciplined or have her rights as a breeder removed.

Keeping cats in dirty *** and not vaccinating them or obtaining proper medical treatment is unacceptable!

I will be contacting Animal Control at the suggestion of another breeder whom I consulted.

Had an Experience with Darling Purrs Cattery?

Comments

California, United States #966834

I have been to see many many pedigree cats where they are bred & Darling Purs is outstanding and excellent.The whole house caters to the cats.

Have no idea who would say such hurtful, untruthful lies.Outrageous!

My name is Paige and I just want to say that I am purchasing a beautiful healthy kitten from Ann Chapman and I couldn't be more pleased with her.She is caring honest woman who is has let me and my family drop by anytime we want within even a ten minute notice to visit are kitten.

We always walk into a clean house, and you would never know she had cats except for there seeing there sweet,clean,happy healthy faces!!!

Please visit Ann for yourself and you will see a very caring knowledgeable woman who has been in the business for 20 years and has made caring for these beautiful cats her life!!!I am so happy to have met her and am looking forward to picking up my healthy kitten this weekend!!!

Too any interested buyers who are looking at purchasing a kitten from Ann Chapman......I am the proud owner of the chocolate Himalayan male who 'oh baby" was originally gonna have as a "show quality cat".....He is absolutely gorgeous and healthy, his coat is thick and soft, his eyes are clean and he is the cutest kitten I've ever seen.

His personality is of the sweetest disposition and I am so thankful that I am the lucky one who gets to spoil and love him. Ann's house is spotless, clean and she is an amazing, honest breeder. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a Himalayan kitten. The negative review left at the very top is absolutely untrue and should be removed!

There is no validity to the statements made.

Thank you Ann Chapman!You're wonderful

How dare you write such lies about this cattery.It is the cleanest cattery I have ever seen.

Ann breeds underfoot and all of her cats have wonderful dispositions.

Just because you have the IRS after you and you cant pay your taxes doesn't give you the right to tell lies.You cant just go around and ask for show cats and then come up with some story that you don't have the money for the rest of the payment and ask 'can I have them as pets?' Who do you think you are?